If you want a bold and signature makeup look, then smokey eyes are your go-to. Of course, it depends on the occasion and where you are going. If you attend a wedding with smokey eyes, you’d probably feel out of place. You wear it to occasions where you need to make a statement, say like a fashion show, a runway event, or even a club. Nevertheless, smokey eyes are quite tricky and if you are not being careful, you might just mess everything up.
Smokey eyes are a beautiful makeup style for brown eyes. If you are a beginner, you might just need a tutorial. Well, of course, you need one. Here’s what you need:
1. Black eyeshadow
4. Black Mascara
5. Eyeshadow brushes
6. Black eyeliner
If you’ve noticed, almost everything is black. It has to be smokey, doesn’t it?
Before applying your makeup, ensure your face is clean. It would make your makeup sit well on your face, without being scratchy too. Well, here’s the procedure to get smokey eyes:
1. Apply the primer on your face. It helps makeup to stay longer on your face. It also allows your eyeshadows to blend well.
2. Next, apply concealer on your eyelids and under your eyes to even out discoloration.
3. Apply your black eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eyes and also into the crease.
4. Blend out the eyeshadow evenly
5. If you feel that it is too light, add more eyeshadow
6. Using your black eyeliner, apply very close to your eyelash line
7. Blend with black eyeshadow
8. If you want the eyeliner to stand out, take it into the crease and blend it out
9. Proceed to apply the eyeliner under your eyes
10. Gently smudge it out to enhance the smokey effect
11. Apply your black mascara and you’re good to go!
Smokey Eye Makeup Tips And Guidelines
1. Ensure that your face is not oily. Unless you want your smokey eyes to smudge, use an oily face. Other than that, wash your face very well before your tutorial.
2. Use clean makeup brushes while applying your smokey eyes effect. Clean brushes will give you the right effect and allow you to easily apply your smokey eyes makeup.
3. Smokey eyes are suitable for night events
4. Nude lips accentuate smokey eyes. If you go heavy on the eyes, you don’t need bright colors like red, purple, pink, and so on your lips. A simple nude color will do.
5. Use original makeup products. If you want your smokey eyes to last longer, you should buy your products from a very good brand. There are several makeup brands out there, which is why getting an authentic one might be difficult. Nevertheless, get a good brand and buy from them.
There you go! Smokey eye tutorials may seem difficult at first. However, it becomes easier with constant practice. Play around with your brushes and be confident that you can do it.