All that is needed is a burnt popcorn or some leftovers to turn one good-looking microwave into a horrible disaster. Whether it is greasy or has an offensive smell, the best thing that you can do is to always regularly clean the top of the microwave in the interval of a few days. When you see stains inside your microwave or you are trying to remove a portion of food that is stuck to the tray, try these few steps in making your microwave sparkle.
When you want to clean your microwave, choosing the right type of cleanser is very important. You can use things you normally see in your house: baking soda, vinegar, or soap like the Mrs. Meyers Clean dish soap. And also avoid using bleach because it destroys home appliances and spoils the plastic in the microwave. The microwave is not that normally dirty so it is not advisable to start with a whitening cleaning product.
HOW TO CLEAN THE INSIDE OF YOUR MICROWAVE
- Mix a cup of water and some slices of lemon, orange, or lime (don’t forget to squeeze the fruit juice into the water, mix it in a bowl, and add one or tablespoon of vinegar to this).
- Put the bowl into the microwave and increase the power to the microwave. Wait until you see the solution boiling.
- For 5 minutes allow the solution to cool down, and then remove the solution and clean the surfaces with a sponge.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE OILY DOORS OF THE MICROWAVE.
- Clean the whole door. This includes the edges, the sides, and the seals. Put baking soda inside water and damp the sponge into the water; clean those areas and rinse the place with a wet sponge.
- If it is an oily window, mix half a cup of water with half a cup of vinegar. Clean and dry.
- For very oily grease build-up, clean your microwave with the all-purpose grease cleaner Mrs. Meyers Clean dish soap, or mix the dish soap with water, and get a sponge or cloth to avoid the soap from getting into the vent holes. In order to not destroy your electronics, do not spray the soap on your electronics.
HOW TO GET RID OF THE BURNT SMELL
- Leave the door open to let the smell come out.
- Alternatively, you can place baking soda inside the microwave and then close the door. The baking soda will absorb the smell from the microwave. (Note: this is for light smells).
- Remove any leftover food in the microwave and place an odor-absorbing gel in the microwave until it is needed (use this for strong smells).
HOW TO GET RID OF FOOD STUCK IN THE MICROWAVE.
To eradicate stuck food in the microwave, use Mrs. Meyers Clean dish soap. If grime or dirt got stuck on the turntable, just take the turntable out and wash it thoroughly. Ensure you recheck the instructions of the product you are using before you start cleaning.