Green Bean Casserole is one meal that seems to be present every Thanksgiving. It can be prepared in so many ways. In this short piece, we will show you how to cook green bean casserole.
Green Bean Casserole – Canned, Frozen, or Fresh?
There are three major ways of preserving Green Bean Casserole – fresh, frozen, and canned. You can opt for any method that you’re convenient with.
In November, green beans are not always in season, so people tend to get it earlier and preserve it in a refrigerator. They most times taste like the fresh ones if preserved properly.
Creamed Green Bean Casserole Sauce
This is exactly as tasty as it sounds. Here’s how you prepare this delicacy:
● Melt the butter
● Blend the butter with the flour
● Pour it over the milk
● Put the mixture in your cooker and allow it to cook for a while. Bring it down.
You can also decide to add cheese to your Green Bean Casserole recipe, but you have to use one cup or less of it. You can opt to use Parmesan, Gruyère, or Monterey Jack.
Also, fried onions should be an addition to this meal. As a matter of fact, if you skip anything during its preparation you should never skip fried onions. This is because of the extra flavor which it adds to it. Green Bean Casserole takes about 55 minutes to get ready.
● Trimmed Green beans (1 lb)
● 1 onion (should be sliced like a half moons)
● 6 tablespoons butter
● Kosher salt
● 2 cloves of garlic ( minced)
● 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
● 8 oz. Of sliced mushrooms
● Black pepper (freshly ground)
● 3 cups of whole milk
● 11/2 cups of French fries onions
● Have your oven preheated to 350°. Make an ice bath. Put a pot on your stove, and allow to boil. Put in your green beans, and keep cooking until it turns to bright green, let’s say, for 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, have your beans transferred into the bath and drain afterward.
● Put your ovenproof skillet over a medium heat cooker and melt 2 tablespoons of butter inside it. Put in your onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir it occasionally until it gets soft.
● Season your mushrooms with salt and pepper and add it. Stir the mushrooms often and keep cooking until it turns golden. Cook for five minutes. Dip the mushrooms into the garlic. When it’s fragrant, turn in this mixture into the green bean bowl.
● Melt the remaining butter, and dip it into the ovenproof skillet until it is still over medium heat. Whisk everything together with the flour, and have it cooked for 2 minutes until it turns golden. Season the milk with salt and pepper, and whisk the mixture. Allow it to simmer and cook for 4 minutes until it gets thick. Bring it down from the heat, and blend with green bean mixture
● For 30 minutes, bake until it has warmed through and is bubbling.
● Add the fried onions, and have it baked for an extra 5 minutes
Here it is! Now, you can make your own Green Bean Casserole!