A mini book is a type of book or booklet that’s made by using a single sheet of paper, or by stapling or tying together small bits of paper together with string or rope. Mini books are great when it comes to fun kids craft projects, as they can keep their sticker collection, drawings, or short poems in them. And they make great one-of-a-kind gifts for parents or grandparents!
Children love to undergo new challenges and engage in easy creative projects that mean so much fun for them and whomever they give the cute little gift to. Here, in this article, you will learn how to make a mini book by following these simple steps.
How to Make Mini Book
To start the making of a mini book, you will need sheets of paper (or blank printer paper will work too). Cutting of art requires a level of pure art that you will need to acquire. At the end of the day, it’s expected that the finished mini book comes out bearing a total of 8 sides.
You can, however, decide to turn your mini book into more pages; it’s totally up to you. Learning the art of designing and proper coloring will help your mini book-making journey easier as you get the opportunity of turning it into anything you want. Your child could make a cute diary, notebook, day planner, and more.
Let’s quickly check these steps out below.
● Get a single sheet of paper (i.e., A4 paper) or a cardstock. Use the paper to make a half vertical and horizontal folds.
● Pick the half paper you folded horizontally, and put it in another half fold. Opening the folded paper now reveals 8 marked rectangles.
● Open the paper and make it be on only one fold now. Pick up your scissors, or any form of cutting item you have and cut carefully by starting from the folded center down to the first fold line.
● Then unfold your paper.
● Children love this stage as they get to jump in excitement when they find out that a single sheet of paper was magically turned into a book!
● Push the paper together by taking hold of the rectangle located at each end of the paper.
● Make your folds very neat, according to your desire.
● Proceed to get your decoration tools. This will make the book turn out to be more attractive.
● For a more sophisticated look, you can try to make a hardcover of your mini book by cutting one out of your old books. Use it for the first page and the last page. This will also help strengthen the pages of your book.
Here you have it! Your mini book!
If you are confused about how to go about the production of the mini book, you can first all start by conducting experiments with any kind of paper that you can lay your hands-on, and as you already know, practice makes perfect!