It is no news that we love our babies, as they are our bundles of joy. When they come along, we can’t help but always want to take care of them. That includes feeding them healthy baby food.
We have put together a list of squash recipes for babies for you to try.
Rice with Butternut Squash Purée and Apple Recipe
This is great for those who are at least six months old. This squash recipe for babies is something that you should consider trying out.
- 1 squash
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup applesauce
- Start by cutting up your squash into two, then take out the seeds.
- Put the halves in a pan that has water in it, and they should be face down.
- Have them baked in an oven of 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Put the squash into a food mixer for pureeing.
- Put in your applesauce and cooked rice, then blend them.
- Mix in water, if necessary, to get a smooth, thin consistency.
Baby’s Acorn Squash & Apple Bake Recipe
This is great for toddlers.
- 1 Acorn squash
- 3 Macintosh apples
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Start by peeling your apples and dicing them.
- Have your acorn squash cut up into two, then remove the seeds.
- Put them in a pan that has water, and ensure that they are face down.
- Put your apples in the squash “holes” from where the seeds were scooped.
- Put cinnamon.
- Add water on the apples to ensure that the water gets into the squash holes. Have your pan covered with foil.
- Put it in an oven with a 400 degree for about 40 minutes.
- Put them in a blender to puree; you can add water if need be.
Baked Acorn Squash Bowl Recipe
- 1 Acorn squash
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- Have your squash cut into two and remove the seeds. Use olive oil to wipe inside it, before you add the applesauce and raisins.
- Put two inches of water in a baking pan. Put your halves in the water, with them facing up.
- Put in an oven for 40 minutes with a temperature of 400 degrees.
- You can mash it.
Squash & Rice “Soup” (for Age 6 Months+) Recipe
- 1 cup cooked mashed butternut squash
- Dollop whole milk yogurt (optional for 8 months+)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup cooked of brown rice
- Have your squash master in a blender with water. Add the cooked brown rice slowly.
- Ensure that you blend them into consistency. Add your yogurt.
Which DIY squash recipe for baby is your favorite?