Haircutting is one of the oldest parts of the beauty industry, whether male or female, the chances that you have had your haircut at one point or the other is very high. Some people like to get their haircut at salons while others like to do it themselves, no matter where you like it done and no matter your level of expertise this hair cutting tutorial article is sure to help you.
Since many barbershops and salons are closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, so many people are left without many options on how to cut their hair, this hair cutting tutorial will help them if they want to cut their hair themselves. Within four minutes, you can learn this method of cutting your hair.
Hair Cutting Tutorial
This tutorial is a step by step method of cutting hair. You would need certain tools, such as hair clippers, comb, sectioning clips, and scissors.
1. First, you would have to clean and dry your hair.
2. Comb the hair: It is advisable that you comb your hair thoroughly to help make the hair cut easier.
3. Section your hair: This will help you know the areas of your hair you want to cut, since many people like to cut the sides and leave the top longer. If this is what you want, you would need to section the top part of your hair and clip them so they would be out of the way when you cut the sides.
4. Reduce the sides: it is advisable that you use a clipper length that is not as short as what you usually use, this gives you room to play to help you not cut your hair shorter than you originally intended. You will start cutting from your temple, put the clippers against the temple area that you want to cut and move towards the top of your head, move your wrist accordingly as you take the strokes. Repeat this all over the temple area towards the back of your head, repeat from the other side of the head until it all blends.
5. Make the fade: To do this, you repeat the step mentioned above with some slight variations. Stop halfway through the stroke with the clipper shortened, stopping at the ear level is advisable for a good fade.
6. Balance the top: After you are done with the sides of the hair, release the top section of the hair and use scissors to trim it following how your head is shaped. Avoid cutting the hair straight, because that’s not the shape of the head.
7. Trimming the top section: Use the previous method with your clipper in a rounded motion and shape and leave more length of hair. It is important that you leave extra hair, because you can easily reduce it later but if you cut it too short you cannot do anything about that.
8. Cut the front section: Before you cut the front hair comb it upwards, trim it and style it however you want.