The social media community is a very big one. People use different social media platforms for different things. It could be just for fun, business, to create an audience, and so on. Whichever one it is, how you manage it matters. Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms. It is widely used to post pictures and videos. Instagram videos are not your every day 15 to 30 second TV commercials. They are a way to connect with your audience. Nowadays, Instagram users have been experimenting with different ways to create mind-blowing 30-second videos for their audience.
Instagram can be used for visual storytelling and a lot of brands are making good use of the opportunity. Instagram videos are a great marketing strategy for business people. You can film and upload directly from your phone. They could be anywhere between 2-60 seconds. I’m sure you must have seen some Instagram videos which could be about 30 seconds. How do you film such videos? Can you do that with your iPhone? Yes, of course!
There are some apps you can use to shoot and edit Instagram videos on your iPhone. Here are some of them:
2. 8mm vintage camera
5. Lapse It
With these apps, you can comfortably shoot and edit your videos on your iPhone. Some of them are available on the Google play store too.
Here’s what you should bear in mind:
1. Set clear goals: It can be very difficult to tell an engaging story within 30 seconds or one minute. Therefore, adequate planning is necessary. Know exactly what you want to include in the video because any unnecessary part will just make it longer.
2. Be precise. Go straight to the point
3. Use on-screen captions
4. Don’t forget you are telling a story that is meant to engage and compel your audience.
There’s nothing better than a very clear Instagram video. Make sure you use natural light to record your videos. Don’t shoot your videos under overhead lights. It could make your videos unattractive and dull.
Shooting The Video
1. Since you are filming with your iPhone, you can either use portrait or landscape mode. Don’t worry, Instagram won’t crop it out.
2. Keep the phone focused on whatever you are filming. You could be filming yourself or something else. You can choose the focus mode by tapping the exact part of your iPhone screen you want to be in focus.
3. Let your phone be steady
4. Go ahead to record.
Like I said earlier, there are several apps you can use for cutting and editing. Some of them have been listed above. Choose your preferred one and start filming. It’s very easy and if you’re still confused, remember that practice makes perfect. Another good thing about Instagram videos is the ability to choose the content. You can focus your videos on one particular niche and grow your audience from there. Creativity and flexibility is the key!